Thursday, November 17, 2005

R.I.P. or Now I Am Really Fucking Angry!!!

If you happen to scroll down, you will read my concern about a friend who hadn't been heard from. Barely five minutes after that post I was driving in my car thinking that the day was starting to turn. Then my phone rang. My friend is dead.

I met Gerald probably about a year and a half ago. He is my dear friends best friend. He had came to Northern California for a visit and I'm sure also to check on our mutual friend. G was this huge six foot four black man with a shaved head and goatee. With his over-powering physical stature came this in your face wit that I truly appreciated. What was even more appealing was his warm smile and tremendous heart.

When I heard that he would be visiting again, I told R to let him know he was more than welcome to crash on my couch. R said that there was no way G would want to do that. Guess what, he accepted the offer and I have been grateful for that ever since. I got to know G more and understood why he and R had such a great friendship.

R is the biggest and sweetest teddy bear of a man. It is no surprise to me that when they met in Seattle there was a bond immediately. I love R, he is my brother. After G left, we would e-mail and talk on the phone about our mutual love and concern for R. G appreciated what I saw in R and how I felt.

We also shared the same opinion about others.

I AM SO FUCKING PISSED. AIDS IS NOT GONE PEOPLE. WHAT PISSES ME OFF EVEN MORE IS THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE LIKE G THAT THINK THEY ARE FEELING WELL SO THEY DON'T MONITOR THEIR NUMBERS.

JUST AS UPSETTING ARE THE COUNTLESS YOUNG PEOPLE THAT THINK THAT AIDS AND HIV ARE SOMETHING THE OLDER GENERATION EXPERIENCED. I'VE GOT NEWS FOR THEM: IT HASN'T GONE ANYWHERE! IT IS JUST LAYING LOW, ADAPTING TO WHATEVER ANTI-BIOTICS WE THROW AT IT. UNTIL WE FIND A TRUE CURE, IT IS OUT THERE WAITING, GATHERING YET MORE STRENGTH. I do not want to see it swallow another generation. We are fortunate in The States. In Africa there has been no reprise. But, they are poor so apparently that's OK...

To Gerald: Thank you, you enlightened me, made me laugh and shared the love of a good friend. I know you are taking care of R from that side. I just want you to know that I am hanging on to him tightly from this side. Peace, Love and Comfort...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man G is dead??? I hate it when I get blown over like that by immortality...I am sorry you have to march through life without your friend...

Verification word: itgxbm

It's not a regular BM it is a gx BM!!

10:41 AM  
Blogger AJ said...

Thanks Jenna. Yes, we may be marching without those we love next to us, but I like to believe they are going forward, ahead of us, clearing the path.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

I'm so glad that your there for "R". I feel so helpless being so far away. Give him a big hug for us all. "G" will be deeply missed.

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home