Thursday, November 17, 2005

What do I do?

I have known for quite some time that I have gum disease. I have no dental insurance and haven't for some time.

I have this unnatural fear of dentists. It's odd, it just began a few years ago. To make matters worse, the last one I went to had this very sadistic technician. I had explained to them my fear. They still set me in a room next to where she was working and talking about how she WAS sadistic. I allowed her to work on me, but she was way too rough. The next time I was there I told them that there was no way I would allow her near my mouth. They gave me another technician who was great. The next time I was there they tried to send Nurse Ratchet in again. I fumed and told them they had better finally do their job and put it in my file that she was not allowed to work on me... I never went back and haven't seen a dentist since. It has been about three years. I have never had a cavity, but without gums, that does me no good.

In my last relationship, my "partner" had assured me that I had insurance. I told him to get me the card that I needed to see a Dr. He said none was needed. I didn't believe it. He used to try and control me through my lack of money. Even with insurance, there is a great deal of money needed for the care that I need.

As my relationship was ending, I checked into the dental insurance plan he said I was enrolled in. Sure enough, they had never heard of me. Fucker! What the hell was I going to do with a hefty dental bill. Be forced to stay with him? I don't think so.

I have tried to care for my teeth as well as I can. Unfortunately, in the last few weeks my gums have receded dramatically. My mouth hurts! I wake up with blood in my mouth. I don't know what to do. I have enrolled in a dental plan, but that could take weeks before I get care.

Even with the insurance, I am going to be in debt several hundred dollars if I am lucky enough to keep my teeth. If they have to go, or begin falling out, as I fear, I will owe thousands of dollars.

I am in Sales. Who the fuck wants to buy anything from some toothless freak? On a more personal note, I have just began getting to know someone wonderful. What is he going to think if the next time I see him I look like my worst fear?

Sometimes I hate being all alone in this world.

2 Comments:

Blogger seeking said...

honey you will never be alone. i love you and will do anything for you.

9:37 AM  
Blogger AJ said...

I know you are here froo me, you're my brother and I love you too!
But, you know what I meant.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home