Wednesday, February 08, 2006

What Day Is it?

EPISODE TWO

While on the Ship, and especially now, the days have all blurred together. A few nights our heads didn't hit the pillow for sleep until the sun was rising on top of the aquatic landscape. I think it was the second night, not sure which dance we were at, but we decided to leave one area of the ship to check out another dance which was occurring at the same time. It was shortly after midnight. When we stepped into the elevator we immediately noticed there was a plate screwed into the middle of the floor, which measured approximately eight inches in width by about thirty inches in length. On the plate was the word "MONDAY". We looked at it and laughed and talked about how we knew what day it was...

As I have said before, the ship was immense. With 3,200 gay men aboard it took quite a crew to keep everyone happy. I have no idea how many crew members there were, but I did hear that they came from fifty-seven different countries. Think about it. There were servers for every restaurant, bartenders, cashiers, cooks, janitors, cabin-keepers, entertainers, etc. That is a great number of people needed for such a floating resort. The majority of them were extremely helpful and polite. I am sure many of them have thankless jobs.

I woke up one morning, later in the week, and Batman was sound asleep snoring with content. I quietly gathered up a few things and headed out for some coffee. When I stepped into the elevator I was shocked to learn it was "THURSDAY" already. Where had the week gone?

Thank you Mister-Elevator-Plate-Changer!
Robin - Cabin #7340

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home