Sunday, December 18, 2005

Will It Be A White or A Blue Christmas?

I don't know what has came over me lately. I have been experiencing "moments" about twice a day for over a week now. Sometimes when I get home from work and Crooner is no longer there, that will trigger one.

At other times, I realize that I am really wanting someone to share my life with. Up until recently, I have been very happy being alone. It isn't like I haven't had the opportunity to begin new relationships this last year. I think I have done the right thing and not allowed that after the last relationship. Is it the season that is upon us now that is triggering this? Or is it the unfortunate events I have experienced lately just overwhelming me?

Waking up day after day alone, with no one next to me to greet the day with seems to bother me more on the weekends. During the week I am too busy in the morning. But when I get home and the kitty isn't there, it seems to touch something deep inside me.

Don't get me wrong, I am not running around with a box of tissues under my arm. I realize that there is a great deal of happiness in my life. My friends are a great source for that. I see joy everywhere.

Just yesterday, after experiencing my biggest "moment" so far, I was driving to pick up Ida. On the way, I noticed this woman walking her dog. She was fairly non-descript walking quite matter-of-factly. The dog was rather large and I was not sure what breed he was. But the two of them together, walking in unison towards the park, just brought a smile to my face.

Today I have so much to get accomplished there isn't any room for melancholy. Between grocery shopping, wrestling with car salesmen, and wrapping presents there will be no time for tears.

I think I will begin this hectic day with a workout and a run. The endorphins will prop up my droopy chin. Who knows, maybe the Batphone will ring!

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

You've had alot happen lately with your car and the kitty. I think your "moments" are justified. Specially it being so close to the holidays and all.

If you ever think about getting another kitty, make sure its a male. They're not as bitchy as female kitties.

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home