Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I Am Navin R. Johnson

I went to see "Annie" yesterday at the auto graveyard. It was difficult seeing her in such a state. She had been stripped, violated and abandoned. I know, it sounds like just another Friday night in my life.

They didn't even have her propped up on blocks for my viewing. No wheels, bumpers, sunroof, stereo, the list goes on. She was just resting there on the cold asphalt.

First I opened her hatchback. No, the sling wasn't in there. Damn, damn, damn! But they did leave the temporary spare. THANKS! Next I walked over to her drivers side door and gently opened it. The poor thing, there were work papers and catalogs strewn all about. I'll be the first to admit that I didn't keep her up to many people's standards, but she was really quite a mess.

I began to look for ANYTHING that might be saved. Unfortunately, all that was salvageable was the car adapter for my work cell phone.

As tears welled up in my eyes, I turned away from her while clutching the adapter and said, "This is all I need..."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They just had her layed out, open corpse..And they made you identify the body..Bastards!

Navin..I love it...

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home