Sunday, November 27, 2005

Yet Another Dream Squelched


From CNN:"The Church, while profoundly respecting the persons in question, cannot admit to the Seminary and to Holy Orders those who practice homosexuality, present deeply rooted homosexual tendencies or support the so-called gay culture," the document said.
But the document said when "homosexual tendencies are only the expression of a transitory problem ... these must be clearly overcome at least three years prior to diaconate ordination."

An estimate of the number of gays in U.S. seminaries and the priesthood range from 25 percent to 50 percent, according to a review of research by the Rev. Donald Cozzens, an author of "The Changing Face of the Priesthood."
Just when I hought I could realize my boyhood dream of becoming a priest, I find out that I would have to abstain from sex for three years. Not to mention covering up my "deeply rooted homosexual tendencies"! I think I would need a backhoe for that. If the Catholic Church doesn't want to encourage gays to enlist, then please stop releasing pictures of Sister Benedict in such fabulous frocks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home