Friday, July 07, 2006

I'm On Top of The World...


This picture was taken from a vista at the top of the San Jacinto Mountains just outside of Palm Springs. Batman and I took the tramway up on Wednesday morning to escape the heat. It was 106 on the fourth and the mercury was forecast to reach that point again on the fifth. When we reached the top, it was a refreshing 69 degrees!

We had a great time together. The time we spent with P & M in Orange County was a lot of fun also. P's birthday party was on Sunday and most of the guests were neighbors. A very cool collection of people. The '64 Impala was a huge hit. I had mentioned the Pink Johnnies and we ended up getting everything to make those - very well received - they were primarily what everyone was drinking!

On Monday, we drove down to Laguna Beach and Dana Point. The traffic on PCH was extremely heavy the entire way. The beaches were packed. We stopped and had a drink and a bite to eat then headed back. There was another party that night in P & M's neighborhood. Pretty much the same people that were at P's party.

Tuesday morning we left OC and headed for Palm Springs. It was great spending all that time with Batman. We spent most of the afternoon in the pool. Later that night we went downtown to a new bar, Azul, to see a show and check out the celebration. Then we went and found a parking spot for the fireworks. We waited, and waited, and waited. Finally, Batman thought that maybe we could see them from his second story balcony. We rushed back to his house and as I was stepping onto the balcony the pyrotechnics began. A very nice private moment.

The next morning we went up the tramway. It was beautiful up there. After a little hiking, we stopped and had a cocktail in the bar at the top. Clouds would roll right past us.

Many times on this visit I wanted to have "the talk" with Batman. I would plan to say something as we were driving, at the beach, during the fireworks, at the top of the tramway. But I chickened out each time.

Finally, while we were cooling off in the pool before leaving to catch my flight, while holding him, I told him exactly how I felt. The feeling is unanimous! I still feel as though "I'm on top of the world"!

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Looks like a beautiful place!

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home