Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Work Life and Weekend Round-up

Well, another one bites the dust. Sarah gave her notice a couple of weeks ago citing "lack of benefits" as her reason to move on. But I know that a good part of her leaving was the "evil little garden gnome" who manages the place. Her last day was Wednesday. The place is like a tomb without her!
I know what I have to do, I just am not looking forward to it. I have always found looking for work rather depressing. Not smoking pot for weeks and coming out to yet another group of people is never fun for me. But I know what I have to do. Hell, just last Monday I was lectured on ethics by a man who tells everyone to stay out of the warehouse when the State Workers Comp officials are around doing audits because he doesn't carry the correct plan! What the fuck?
Since Sarah has meant so much to me, I invited everyone over to "the compound"on Friday evening for a going away pot-luck. Even Ida showed up briefly to share some smoke! Thankfully, only the fun ones showed up. We had several pink Johnnie's, more shots of Patron, countless beers, good food, and a pinata filled with candy, lube, penis suckers and other sexual treats. Plus a watergun fight. Most of them hadn't been here before and just loved it.
On Saturday some of the usual suspects started to trickle in. Vixen, Tom, Ida, G and several of his friends. More Pink Johnnies! Next weekend we are going to try Purple Toms...
After a day in the blazing sun, I took a disco nap, did a little workout then took G and myself to the local leather bar around 10:30, we had a good time.
On Sunday, after my run, I did a little skinny dipping and sun bathing. Then I headed over to Toms. He just went through a breakup and it has hit him harder than either of us expected. We went downtown and met a friend of his for lunch and beers. Then it was over to his house for a couple of movies, a bunch of candy and a very large pizza. A very nice day.
When I got back to the compound at 10pm, G and his Mother were just beginning to clean up after a dinner party they had. My God! The kitchen was a bigger mess than after my party! It was obvious they had a great time! They had hosted a total of ten people with enough wine and food for an army.
Monday night G, a friend of his and myself, dined on leftovers and had yet another good evening...
I love this place!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home