Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Party re-cap

Yes, it did rain and rain and rain as forecasted... But, as I expected, we still had a good time. Minus the "poolboy", there were twenty-six of us total. The poolboy did a decent job mixing the margaritas, the demand for them never died down...

Ida helped at the grill. That was a great idea in planning. And it actually went really well until she decided to take up a collection for some bud and leave the grill full of chicken breasts! I finished up the cooking and it all turned out fine. Plus, we had more bud when she returned...

A few people actually put on swimming attire and swam! I thought I was buzzed! Hell, it was in the sixties and raining...

R made it, but wasn't himself... He took a nap for a while and we got a picture of that. After he woke, we wouldn't let him leave and drive for a while. Hell, he didn't even know which way the freeway was from my house.

Batman handled the chaos quite well. He busied himself by making sure the poolboy was actually working. At one point, the boy asked him, "WHERE are you from?"... Why Gotham of course.

Susan made it and brought me a fantastic painting she had created for my birthday with a beautiful floral arrangement. The painting is so cool. I haven't been able to take a picture of it which does it justice, but once I do, I'll post it.

Batman brought me an iPod Nano. What a great gift! It has changed my morning runs and workouts dramatically. More on him later...

I also received bottles of Patron, from Rachel and Sarah. Ida gave me a cool volleyball set for the front yard - maybe over the pool if we get it rigged correctly. Jean came and had a square floatie for a cooler. I am sure that will be floating in the pool full of refreshments soon! I also received a bottle of sapphire... and I feel terrible that I have no clue who brought it. THANKS!

So, blue skies and warm weather are not required to have a successful BBQ. Everyone enjoyed themselves and I am still hearing stories...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home