Sunday, May 07, 2006

Thirty-Four Amity Lane

After fifteen months of living by myself, I thought it would be good to find a roommate. Not because I want somebody constantly around, but I find it comforting to know someone is coming and going. I also thought it would be a natural avenue for a bigger network of friends. With the weather warming up, a few of my friends, as well as some of G's, have started showing up to lounge by the pool. It's been a great mix. So far the skies have been eternally blue, the cocktails and beers cold, and everyone has brought a fun attitude.

There is plenty of room for everyone. This home was designed for entertaining. I am hosting a party on the twenty-first of this month. No, I am not cooking...

I mentioned a few posts back, it is rumored that G likes to be in her heals by the pool. Not just her! There is an "event" which takes place at this pool and is quite competitive. To compete in the "Diva Dive", one must strap on a pair of high-heals, strut down to the far end of the pool, dive in, walk out of the opposite side of the pool, up the stairs, prance over to the nearest chaise, gracefully sit down and remove the heals. I must say, it is hilarious to watch. Fortunately, I knew right away it wasn't my sport.

Next weekend we have a third roommate moving in. I am hoping the dynamics of the house will remain fun. How can they not?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home