Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Simply G at The Compound

While I was writing the very end of my last post, I could hear Simply Red floating in through my open window. That could only mean one thing, G is home and playing tunes on his computer at the other end of the "compound".
When I walked out to the pool, he was just beginning to enjoy a martini. Being the consummate roommate, I said that I would shake one together quickly and join him. And so I did.
G is a great guy, very funny with countless stories. Tonight he was reflecting on a new beginning that is unfolding in his life. I let him know how exciting of a time I thought that was for him, but it is also a little frightening, rightfully so. He is aware of everything he has to do and I am sure he will do just fine.
Half way through our Bombay 'tini's, we came up with a brilliant idea for a Halloween party. We had been talking about tacky White Elephant Christmas parties and some of the terrible gifts we had seen. Then it just clicked in both our minds: A White Elephant Costume Party!
We are still unsure of the details : Do you have so many people bring different sizes, or do you really have fun and whatever someone opens they wear - regardless? I think the latter...
Then boi (3rd roommate) came home. He joined us for a while. I wonder what he must think sometimes. He's a cute young man and very sweet. With that said, he balances G and myself quite well!
34 Amity Lane is composed of three very different characters all blending together to make a great mix.
It's going to be a good Summer! I have a new cocktail I am going to blend up this weekend when it reaches the nineties. I've already named it the "Pink Johnny". I may not cook that well, but I am usually a good mixologist. I'll keep you informed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home