Thursday, June 29, 2006

Work Crap, Lazy Summer Days, and Fireworks

Well, the first person who was hired at work quit before her second day began by sending an e-mail! Contestant number two is stupid, lazy, appears to not hear well, and did I say stupid? Tomorrow we are shutting down to do inventory until we are done, hopefully we will be out by 8pm. At first they wanted us to come back and finish on Saturday! I made such a stink about that, I almost lost my job. Now I wish I had!

34 Amity Lane really rocked last weekend. On Saturday, we had a dozen people all trying to beat the heat with frozen drinks in and around the pool. It was over 100 again! We had a great time. Vixen showed up and brought her Mother who is visiting from Denver. Her Mother had never been exposed to so many gay men at once. She tried to keep up with the drinking, but just couldn't. I'll never forget the face on Vixen when she and I came out of the house with another round of "Purple Tom's" to find her Mother learning to smoke pot! Priceless!

Sunday was low-key. I got up early to run, did some chores which included washing my truck. Afterwards I went to run some errands only to find my battery dead. Ida came over and jumped it for me, but it didn't hold the charge. Unexpected $63. Damn! After that was all done, G had made a batch of margaritas. I just had a towel wrapped around myself and decided to put a suit on. I had sipped maybe once or twice from the frozen treat. As I was walking around the edge of the pool, I must've lost my footing. All I know is, as I was falling in my right foot caught the pool deck from the top of my toes, along the top of my foot, scraping the side of my ankle and finishing on the upper part of my lower leg, OUCH! As I hit the water, my freshly poured margarita went skipping across the water like a rock. What a waste. I was thankful nobody saw it, it was not graceful. After surveying the damage, I slowly got out of the pool. G and his good friend helped me. They insisted I put ice on it right away. Then it was twenty minutes on, twenty minutes off, twenty minutes on, etc... Not quite the day at the pool I had imagined. They next day it was pretty swollen, but that has gotten better. I am lucky I didn't break anything, especially with the insurance I have!

I haven't even told Batman about it yet. I am flying to Orange County to see him Saturday afternoon. I figure I will give him the chance to make fun of me in person! We are going to spend a few days there with P & M in Huntington Beach. It is P's birthday and there is a party for him either Saturday or Sunday. P is a collector of antique cars. He has nine that he has completely restored and won awards with. He also likes to smoke pot. I found a pretty good gift. It is a black 1964 Chevy Impala marijuana pipe! Very cool!

As usual, I am very excited about seeing Batman. It has been five and a half weeks since he was here! I miss him so much, so often. We are spending a few days along The Coast, then we are heading to Palm Springs for the third and fourth. I fly back North on the fifth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home